Prestige Institute of Management was set up in the year 1997 by Prestige Education Society, Indore registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860. The Society was setup by Prestige Group of Industries with an objective to meet the widely felt need for globally oriented Management and Information Technology education and training for professionals. The Institute has grown to be recognised as a premier Institute for higher learning. It is a major learning center in Central India and has been Ranked among the top 1000 B-Schools in the world, Ranked 16th among management institutions in India by higher education review:2014 and placed in A++ category among Management Institutions according to a recent survey published in Business India (Issue: November, 2013).
The Institute has approval of All India Council for Technical Education & the State Government and is affiliated to Jiwaji University, Gwalior & Rajiv Gandhi Prodhyogiki Vishwa Vidyalaya, Bhopal.
Institute offers MBA, MCA, BBA, BCA, and B.Com programmes. Jiwaji University, Gwalior awards the degree for MBA, BBA and BCA programmes and RGPV, Bhopal awards the degree for MCA programme.
The Institute is research intensive and underpinned by a strong grounding in the social sciences. We pursue a strategy of focusing our research activities and identity around the concept of responsible enterprise. This entails an ethical approach to managing within organisations, the impact of human enterprise on the environment, the interaction between forms of investment and social and organisational impact and the need to foster creativity and development. The Institute operates thematic clubs, which include teaching fellows and students. These clubs works for providing……
• Critical leadership skills (i.e. – the ability to lead, interact, represent, and inspire others) through their involvement in various activities.
• To identify a variety of social activities and events on campus.
• Strategies for a successful student experience when commuting from off campus residences.
• Community and civic engagement through leadership, educational activities and outreach opportunities.
• To describe the benefits of living in a diverse community and the importance of learning and engaging with others different from themselves.
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills through event and facility management
• Hands-on customer service skills when working with clients from across campus and our neighboring community.
• How to balance and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects efficiently and effectively.
The Finance and Accounting club has developed its research around two themes: first, competition, risk and performance of financial institutions (especially banks, credit unions and microfinance institutions) following the de-regulation of the financial services industry and; second, subsequent global financial crisis and the information and efficiency of financial markets.